Sunday, March 16, 2014

Hello from Kate!

Hello - I want to apologize for my absence on the first day of class. I will be in on Wednesday and we will get to know each other then. In the meantime, my colleague Miranda is fabulous and the fact that she will be in to conduct class is a real treat! Here's a little bit about me:


  • I am from a northern suburb of Chicago called Deerfield - I'm willing to bet some of you from the area have heard of it! My husband and I just bought a house in the Harvard Gulch area (if you haven't been to the Gulch yet, check it out, I think it is far superior to the overrated Wash Park)
  • I graduated in 2002 from Colorado College with a degree in Political Science and a minor in Vocal Performance.
  • I've worked on political and public interest media campaigns, specializing in online and digital media, since 2007. This included giving media trainings to a diverse range of clients, including a conference I conducted here at DU on "Social Media for Nonprofits"
  • I've also been teaching yoga since 2010.
  • In the spring of 2013, I earned my Master of Fine Arts degree in Emergent Digital Practices from the University of Denver. For my thesis exhibition, I made two kinetic communication suits that allowed dancers to speak to each other through a wall using just their movement (here is the video if you are interested: https://vimeo.com/66782416 
  • I play guitar and sing (occasionally for money). I once lived in Peru for three months without any running water. I hate puzzles but I love nerdy board games such as Settlers of Catan and the Battlestar Galactica game (in fact I will probably make many analogies to BSG throughout the quarter) 
See you all on the 26th (and please be sure to check the "Schedule" tab for homework due that day)!

No comments:

Post a Comment